8/17/2006

Carl's Jr - Pastrami Burger

Being a sucker for all fast food commercials I had to try the pastrami burger.

Construction:
Charbroiled all-beef patty, pastrami, lettuce, tomato, sliced red onion, pickles, mustard all on a sesame seed bun. Come in a single patty and a double patty version.

Overall a solid burger. The pastrami is not quite on par with the Hat or Hi-Life as expected, but not bad although it could have been jucier. I usually add mayo on my pastrami and this burger could have used a bit of best foods. I like how they had a double layer of mustard on the top and bottom bun. Other than that, it was pretty much like a famous star with pastrami on it.

On a scale between a Western Bacon Cheeseburger and the sad sad side salad, I would put it above the famous star and below the oreo cookie shake.

3 Comments:

Blogger divine styler said...

for the ultimate pastrami sandwich, langer's on alvardo and 7th is the best. as recommended by the illewminator.

8/19/2006 7:36 PM  
Blogger NuttinButGlutton said...

Deli pastrami is in a differnt class than fast food pastrami.

You can't compare the two.

8/21/2006 3:28 PM  
Blogger jblogs said...

I agree with nuttinbutglutton's assessment. Seeing as the closest food option to my work is a Carl's Jr., I appreciate a good, fastfood alternative to what's typically a relatively expensive specialty sandwich around here in LA (that is, the pastrami sandwich).

But heck. I can drive 2 minutes and I can get to Langer's for lunch so what do I care.

9/25/2006 10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home