6/06/2006

Honey's Kettle Fried Chicken

Hello Grub Club Members,

This is the newest member, DYY, writing about one of America's favorite pastimes: FRIED CHICKEN. But this time, it's fried like how Chinese people fry their chicken -- light, golden, crispy and ultimately superior (but without the venerable little pieces of feather still remaining). At Honey's Kettle Fried Chicken in Culver City, you will never stick your teeth in a piece of breast and eat crumpling bits and balls of batter.

Although the menu has a variety of items, including their speciality, deep-fried krispy katfish (you know it's serious when words that begin with C are spelled with a K), I only tried their chicken and, unfortunately, no sides. I actually already ate dinner, and stopped at Honey's Kettle only after we weren't swift or smart enough to get advance tickets to see Omen at Mann's Theater. Now that the 6/6/06 will officially end in about an hour, I doubt I will make another trip to see the movie. BUT the night was salvaged when Joe Mak and I ordered one Honey's Kettle chicken thigh for $1.70 and shared it. It was delish! Perhaps 666 ain't so unlucky after all? The devil ain't the only one singing yummy in my tummy.

9537 Culver Boulevard
Culver City, CA 90232
(310) 202-5453

GC members, thank you for including me. It is an honor.

4 Comments:

Blogger jblogs said...

welcome welcome DYY!!! i'm so glad! I love this new injection of energy. now that i have fast internet and found my camera download cable...i'll be getting back into the swing of things! woohoo!

6/07/2006 12:29 AM  
Blogger illewminator said...

excellent post -- can't wait to try honey's kettle the next time i'm on the westside!

6/07/2006 8:59 AM  
Blogger NuttinButGlutton said...

I know, had dinner already and all, but....you shared one thigh between two people?

Oh, and welcome to the GC.

6/08/2006 9:46 AM  
Blogger DYY said...

It was a big thigh...

6/08/2006 11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home