5/04/2006

You Can Take the Filipino Out of the Jungle.......

Check out this article.

http://www.westislandchronicle.com/pages/article.php?noArticle=6063

Here are a few of my favorite excerpts.

“Mommy, I don’t want to eat anymore,” Gallardo says Luc told her at the kitchen table April 11. “My teacher is telling me that eating with a spoon and fork is yucky and disgusting.”

“He said, ‘Madame, you are in Canada. Here in Canada you should eat the way Canadians eat.’" - He forgot to add the eh at the end.

“If your son eats like a pig he has to go to another table because this is the way we do it and how we’re going to do it every time.”

“I don’t necessarily want students to eat with one hand or with only one instrument, I want them to eat intelligently at the table,”
Link

1 Comments:

Blogger illewminator said...

hey, at least he was seated a table and not sqatting in the corner eating off a banana leaf w/ his hands.

goddamn those french canadians. freakin' frogs...

5/05/2006 2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home