3/07/2006

Corner Bakery

Almost every Sunday I ride with the San Fernando Valley Bike Club. We ride about 25-30 miles on the streets of the Valley. Halfway through the ride we usually stop at either a Western Bagel, a coffee shop, or Corner Bakery. This week was Corner Bakery. I've been there 3 times and everything I've order is quite excellent.

The first time I got a slice of the cinnamon creme cake. It's like a bunt cake and a coffee cake and quite excellent, but I felt it on the ride back.

The second time I got the mixed berry parfait, because everybody loves parfaits. It's layers of crunchy granola, low fat vanilla yogurt, and a delicious combination of strawberries & blueberries. While it was quite tasty, at $3.29 it's more than I would like to pay. I'd rather get the fruit and yogurt parfait at McD's for $.99.

Last Sunday I got the swiss oatmeal. It's a chilled European breakfast cereal made with rolled oats, fresh green apples, bananas, currants, dried cranberries, low fat yogurt, and skim milk. Served with a Sweet Crisp that's like a dried slice of sweet bread sprinkled with sugar. So it's cold oatmeal with fruits and yogurt mixed in. Pretty darn tasty and it doesn't sit in your stomach like a ton of bricks like the cinnamon cake did. The ride back was quite pleasant.

All in all a good bike breakfast. Next time I'm going to get the regular oatmeal.
Link

1 Comments:

Blogger illewminator said...

good review. and surprising -- who knew that cold oatmeal could be good??? i might have to try that for breakfast one of these days -- if i ever get to the office before noon, that is...

3/13/2006 11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home