6/24/2005

Jack in the Box

Continuing on my fine reputation for reviewing the fine dining establishments that this fine city has to offer, may I present my latest review.

Jack-in-the-Box Bacon Cheddar Wedges.

I'm not a big fan of Yack-in-the-Box, but one of my co-workers got it for free. Most people get screwed in the drive-thru, but she always manages to get free stuff.

For those of you that haven't discovered this gastronomic treat, it's seasoned potato wedges covered in melted "cheddar" (tasted like american cheese to me) cheese with bacon bits sprinkled over. Mine also had the fried remnants of the curly fries mixed in for an added treat. I like to call it White Trash Surprise. Since I've been training for a triathlon I'm watching what I eat for the most part, but who can resist free food? Usually when you go through the drive thru and the fries sit in the bag for a few minutes it gets soggy and gross. Not these. Through the miracle of food engineering, the cheese somehow keeps it all crispy and tasty, and every once in a while you get a curly fry covered in the melted american cheese for an added spicy treat.

Not for every day or every week eating, but when you've been watching what you eat for a whole week, the bacon "cheddar"potato wedges are the way to make sure you fall way off the wagon.

1 Comments:

Blogger illewminator said...

i just broke my 12-year ban on jack in the box at the urging of my friend to give the ciabbata chicken sandwich a try. i did, and i must say, it wasn't awful (like the horribly inedible chicken sandwich that caused the ban in the first place). the original ciabbata chicken sandwich was actually decent -- not great, but decent. the JTB fries were just ok. but they do get props for having root beer as a beverage choice. overall, i might go back one of these days, but i'm still no JTB convert.

9/18/2005 11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home