7/30/2004

Spicy Tendercrisp sandwich

Today I went to BK with Susie. She got her favorite, the original Whopper and since according to ordering rule #1 where no two people may order the same thing I had to order the spicy tendercrisp sandwich.

Here is the description from www.burgerking.com.

"Crispy on the outside, tender on the inside and spicy all over. The New Spicy TenderCrisp Chicken Sandwich. A tender chicken breast filet with crisp breading, fresh lettuce, ripe tomatoes and spicy sauce on a corn dusted bun. Get ready for a mouth-whupin'. Only at BURGER KINGĀ® Restaurants."

What this doesn't say is that the "spicy sauce" is just mayo with a crapload of tabasco. I should have looked at the website before ordering because then I would have realized the difference between the spicy and regular is just the sauce. I thought maybe it could have been a spicy crust on the chicken or something like that, but no it wasn't.

I finished the whole thing, but I don't recommend it because of the overwhelming vinegary taste from the hot sauce. If you like that sourness then by all means go ahead, but for me, I'm sticking with regular old mayo from now on.

.

6 Comments:

Blogger illewminator said...

next you gotta do a review on jack 'n the box's cheese sticks w/ marinara sauce...

7/30/2004 4:57 PM  
Blogger NuttinButGlutton said...

I generally think JITB is nasty, but for the sake of this site I will take one for the team this time.

7/30/2004 6:47 PM  
Blogger grant said...

JITB *is* nasty.

8/02/2004 10:47 AM  
Blogger NuttinButGlutton said...

Grant, what about your boy Phil declaring the cheese sticks the best thing "ever"? that's your friend.

8/02/2004 2:17 PM  
Blogger NuttinButGlutton said...

I don't know what is up with the huge POSTED BY font. I have tried making it smaller to no avail.

8/02/2004 2:18 PM  
Blogger illewminator said...

tonight i tried the BK chicken tendercrisp sandwich for the first time and found it an overall satisfying sandwich. it was, as advertised, crispy on the outside and tender and juicy on the inside. i wasn't so pleased with BK's fries, though -- they tasted a little weird and weren't as good as McD's (even after they took the beef flavoring out of the oil).

another bonus (which you all probably already knew, but i didn't, since i don't really eat much fast food): BK's also has the big fish sandwich for $0.99 every friday during lent.

2/24/2005 11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home