7/30/2004

I love America

Only in America do they give you free food. I'm not talking about the moldy wormy leftovers, but real food.

Yesterday was the free ice cream cake night at Coldstone Creamery. It was a benefit thingy for the Make a Wish Foundation where they ask for a donation and in exchange they give you a "free" cake. I admit, I was guilted into giving a donation, but it's for a good cause.

I'm not usually into coldstone ice cream because I'm not into the softer texture because of all the mixing in of the extras but for the price, it was worth the trip over there.

The ice cream cake was layers of devil's food cake, sweet cream ice cream, Oreos and chocolate shavings wrapped in chocolate ganache. Not bad. I like the Ben & Jerry's ice cream cake better, but I haven't seen a free offer for that yet. When they have one of those I'm there.

Overall, I would rank the Coldstone ice cream cake about equal with Baskin Robbins ice cream cakes. Frozen cake is not nearly as good as frozen brownies and cookies.

Now when is the next free food offer?

ice cream
Originally uploaded by
Nuttin But Glutton.

2 Comments:

Blogger illewminator said...

i forgot about this one! how long was the wait? and how big were the free slices?

7/30/2004 4:45 PM  
Blogger NuttinButGlutton said...

There was no line at all at the Tarzana location. the slices were about 4"x 3" and about 1" thick.

7/30/2004 6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home